Intergenerational Group (General) Volunteer
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in participating in H2O Intergenerational Group Interactions (HIGI) meetings. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and the willingness to help H2O promote a supportive and enthusiastic environment for seniors/older adults.
There is a (10-15 min) presentation followed by a discussion (50-60 min) around the topic where all meeting attendees are welcome to comment, ask and answer questions, as well as share their personal experience and knowledge on the topic. The audience/presenters will be a mixture of H2O young volunteers and older adults and the meeting is fully moderated by students volunteers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attending and contributing to virtual groups meetings and conversations with diverse topics and activities (every Thursday 6:300 – 8:00 pm – EST ) For HIGI Testimonials please see here
- Sharing and presenting what you learned or what you are interested in the intergenerational group.
- Providing technical support if requested to seniors/older adults by assisting them in installing and utilizing various means of connection and social media platforms.
- Around 2 hrs/week for a 6-12-month period
Required/Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and empathy and be an active listener
- An open-minded and non-judgmental individual who can build and maintain relationships
- Someone who is passionate about mental health and enhancing the quality of life for seniors/older adults
- Strong communication skills and willingness to present and speak up in a group setting
What volunteering with H2O offers
- A challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunity where your work has a direct positive impact on society
- Ability to grow your future career with involvement in all aspects of a non-for-profit organization
- Opportunity to work directly with other top-notch students in a fun, friendly, team environment with an amazing team culture
- Significant growth potential quickly leading to leadership roles and/or positions
- As a non-profit, we are constantly evolving, so there is always a place for new ideas and opportunities. Our open culture offers you a chance to learn new skills and develop your leadership and communication skills
All our activities such as interviews, meetings, orientations, etc. are being done virtually and we will not have any face-to-face interactions until further notice.